Wind shelter 6 x 6 m incl. loop leg gates
Wind shelter with arched roof
The wind shelter has 3 enclosed sides and measures 6 x 6 m x 4 m at the highest point, and because of its large depth it remains dry deep inside even if it is snowing or raining across the entrance. It is covered by hard-wearing 600 g/m² fabric.
Complete wind shelter with loop leg gates, which can be used as an open shed for grazing horses or cattle or as a storage tent. It gives the animals protection against insects and the sun in summer and against wind and precipitation in winter.
Why use an open shed/wind shelter?
• Low investment costs compared with an insulated building
• Reduced workload compared with stabled livestock
• Good animal health
• The animals have few restrictions, if any, on their natural behaviour
What are the advantages of an arched roof?
• The wind cannot get hold of the rounded shape
• Rainwater does not collect on an arched roof
• Snow falls off an arched roof
How should the wind shelter be sited?
• This depends on how it is to be used – if you want to offer shade and protection against insects, the opening should face towards the north-east
• For winter use, it should preferably be on high ground, to allow precipitation to run off
• The opening should be in the direction least exposed to wind
Delivery and assembly
The delivery includes: Steel arches for the roof structure, 6 Kellfri loop leg gates, 600 g/m² PVC fabric cover, brackets, rope, bolts, nuts and 12 galvanised ground pegs.
The wind shelter is delivered unassembled. When the wind shelter is delivered to you, you must be at home to receive and unload it.